I hope all of you are having a great summer and are hooking up lots of amazing projects. For my part, I have been working through some new stuff -- but also trying to re-work some of those patterns I lost in my great computer crash earlier this year.
One of those patterns is my all-time most popular, the amigurumi baby dragon.
Well, it's taken a while, but the pattern is finally ready. Those of you who purchased through Ravelry should be receiving an update notice shortly with information on how to get the new pattern. If you purchased through Etsy, or if you didn't get the notice through Ravelry, you are -- of course -- welcome to email me for a new copy (see instructions, below).
|Way better... right?|
- I've switched yarn brands. I'm just loving Knit Picks' new line of acrylic yarn, called Brava. The yarn is softer than Red Heart but still has the same sturdiness I need for a good amigurumi doll. Plus... they have SPORT WEIGHT! I don't know about the rest of you, but ever since Red Heart stopped selling their Designer Sport in stores, it's been hard finding good sport weight yarn. So, kudos Knit Picks on picking up that market!
- Updated photos. Back when I did the original dragon pattern, I was using a crappy little point and shoot camera. The new photos should be clearer.
- Updated format. The new pattern is in an updated 2-column format. This means fewer pages to print out
- Clarifications on tricky spots. Yes. I finally sat down and put together all my notes from emails with you and added detailed instructions for those tricky back legs.
- Proofread, proofread, proofread. I cannot believe how many typos were in the old pattern! Hopefully, I got them all this time. But, if you find one I missed, please let me know -- there might be a little pattern prize in it for you ;-)
Instructions for Receiving an Updated Pattern
Email: ibscrochet [at] gmail [dot] com
Please attach your original PDF as proof of purchase or reference the Ravelry/Etsy invoice number. I will try to respond within 24 hours but may take a little longer if I get hit with too many requests at once!